Sunday, April 26, 2015

Well Made Wadders

Have you ever done that? Made a garment that doesn't fit, but boy, was it ever made well!

Yeah, me either.

Here's one that I recently found in the back of a closet. Here's the link, and here's a picture. It's just not my style, or maybe I made it too large, but it's in the donation pile now:

I found another one in the same closet, and I really do not remember when I made it. I have no record of it, so I took some pictures and entered it into my sewing spreadsheet.  Here's a picture of the pattern:


Here's the back neckline, perfectly (I think!) topstitched, but lacking a fastener:

Here's the topstitching at the front neckline, shoulder, and armscye:

Here's what it looks like on the hanger. It fits me like a sack, and that's just not my style, so it's in the donation pile, too:

All wadders aside, I just finished a dress from a new-to-me designer, and I will post about that next.

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing! yes, I do this as well. Both your garments are very nice, someone will really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.