Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Peek at my BlogRoll - July 2012

I would like to introduce you to a blgger on my Blog Roll:

There She Sews - Sewing and Craft Projects that have emerged from the cluttered chaos that is Welmoed's sewing room.

Of all the bloggers out there, I've been aware of this lady the longest.  I have used Wild Ginger's PatternMaster Boutique (PMB) on and off for a very long time, and I joined the current version of the PMB online forum just one day after she did (7/20/05 and 7/21/05).  She's still active in the PMB forum, too!

She recently did a tutorial for pockets that reside between princess seams, and showed her methods using her PMB skills (click here for the tutorial):

Who else can make a work shirt that is so stylish?!

She's the only person I know who lives in a castle, and has an old ballroom for a sewing room.  This is not the most current view but she's still a lucky lady!

Her sewing accomplishments include gowns she wears to the annual Smithsonian balls (with lots of pictures of other well-dressed attendees):

She also makes some pretty cool costumes for her daughter to wear to Otakon (although she has been known to dress up, too):

When I see "There She Sews" in my RSS reader, I get excited to see what she has done.  I hope you will follow her, too!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good recommendation by another fellower blogger. I am now off to join up with 'There She Sews.' Thanks for highlighting her many talents...

    ✿ Judith
    made by J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to get a review of who you enjoy reading! I've got a few that always attract my attention in my reader when they blog! Thanks for links
    Happy sewing!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.