Monday, June 18, 2012

Sewing Mojo Drain

Well, the skirt project drained my mojo (see parts of the project here).  The last time I saw it - the skirt, not the mojo -  it looked like this:

This skirt has been stowed away in its own box in a cabinet until I really, really, really want to work on it again.  The skirt will be most useful when I want to wear dark colors more than I want to wear light, bright colors.

Think: winter in Florida - which, I admit, is not really saying much.  Like, two, three days a year?

Yes, I can get off track.  A little.

I did something nice for myself last weekend.  I had a manicure on Saturday a week ago, then bought new sandals the next day, and DH painted my toe nails Sunday night.  Here's what they look like with my favorite color, purple:



That's a "Florida Casual" look above; to go to work, throw a shirt over it:

I hope to get another set of bed sheets cut out this week (see original project here).  I will try to post about that soon.

Next up will be inspirations for summer dresses.  Here's hoping I actually make some summer dresses before it's no longer hot enough to wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.