Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pretty Food!

I made a green smoothie today.  Into the blender I put the following:

  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1/2 bag spinach
  • 1/2 small bag frozen cubed mango
  • 3 apples
  • 1/2 cup green tea

Here's what it looked like when I started to blend it:

Here's what it looked like while it was blending:

Here's what we do with it when it's done.  Well, OK, we actually put the salsa jar lids on and store them in the fridge ...

I used a spatula to get the last of the smoothie out of the blender jar, and I let DH lick the spatula.  He declared it good enough to eat, and told me that it was a Pretty Color!

Usually DH doesn't like to eat it, and only because it's green.  For example the other half bag of spinach was used in an "apple pie" smoothie a few days ago, and he refused to eat it.

Here are the ingredients for the Apple Pie Smoothie I made last week.  I usually use coconut milk, but wanted to use up the last can of coconut water:

  • 1 tall can coconut water
  • 3 capsules psyllium fiber (it was still quite liquid)
  • 3 small apples
  • 1/2 bag spinach
  • 1/2 small bag frozen strawberries
  • 2 teaspoons (if not more) apple pie spice

Have you ever made a fruit smoothie or a green smoothie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.