Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Avocado Green Smoothie

I made a new green smoothie today.  This was my first successful attempt at a non-sweet green smoothie.  My usual green smoothie tastes like apple pie with apples, spinach, coconut milk, ginger, and cinnamon.

No traditional fruits were used to sweeten today's green smoothie.  The ingredients are:

  • 1 haas avocado
  • three-inch piece of cucumber, peeled
  • handful of spinach
  • 3/4 can of coconut milk
  • five dashes of salt
  • one dash of lime juice
The taste is not exciting, but simply tastes like the list of ingredients.  The coconut milk and avocado make it very creamy.  I like it because sometimes un-exciting is good!

This batch filled a salsa jar and refrigerated so I can eat it tomorrow.  I put the rest in a coffee cup for my evening snack:

2 comments:

  1. looks good.
    Drinking your greens does tend to taste like drinking your greens.
    Not exciting but I feel better the more I stick to eating more greens.
    My usual juice in the morning is 1 tart apple - i.e. granny smith, 1 small zucchini and 3 stalks of celery. Simple to make and with the apple tastes a bit better than drinking my celery/zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea! Now I'm off to visit your Etsy shop (you enabler, you!).

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.