Sunday, February 28, 2010

What Food is This?

I had no idea that so many people eat so much junk food. I subscribe to a blog called "We Like It Raw" - meaning food, of course! A recent post there shared a story about Jamie Oliver, who is a famous chef, and how he's trying to help people to become more healthy.

The point that struck me the most in the links about Jamie Oliver is that many (or most) children today cannot identify basic foods such as tomatoes and potatoes. I grew up knowing how to prepare basic real food. Our children were taught salad-making and other cooking skills. I guess I did not realize how fortunate we are to know how to do these things.

Click Here for the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.