Saturday, November 28, 2009

Trying new foods

Ever since I found out that sweet potato leaves are edible, I've been wanting to try them. One of our neighbors has a bountiful crop of the leaves, growing up the front of the house! Finally, the other day I saw the people who live there and they told me I could take all I wanted. I took two long stems of leaves and one short stem. The short stem is in water in the kitchen window, so I hope it roots. The leaves of the long stems have been made into supper. I actually put them in a stew, and the leaves taste milder than spinach. I put the recipe with the picture:


Here's a link to the original recipe: http://www.theslowcook.com/2009/08/31/curried-okra-stew-with-sweet-potato-leaves-and-coconut-milk

/

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.