Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nuts to Smoothies!

I just made a smoothie that I can declare a total success, but only when Success is defined by "DH couldn't taste the greens in the smoothie!"

Blend until creamy:
  • 1 large handful raw walnuts
  • 1/2 Cup iced chai tea, sweetened with stevia
Add and blend until smooth:
  • 1/3 head leafy green lettuce, rinsed, vein removed
  • 1 Cup blueberries
  • 1 Cup raspberries
  • 1 Cup strawberries
  • 1 large banana
I think the nuts cancel the lettuce flavor. DH said that he can tell it's got fruit in it, but the rest is a tasty mystery.

I filled up a salsa jar for my lunch tomorrow, and there was enough left for us to each have a large tumbler of smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.