Friday, January 16, 2009

Help Make Health Freedom a Top Issue

I think health care is so important that I've given up on allopathic medicine and have truly taken charge of my own health. The allopathic doctor I used to go to just wanted me to take some pills, so I quit going to her. My TCM doctor (Traditional Chinese Medicine - includes acupuncture) really cares about my health.

I am trying to reduce my intake of processed carbohydrates. I gave up statin drugs so I could eat home-grown grapefruits. My husband gave up statins so his muscles would still work. We both try to drink more water for health and weight loss.

Please read this letter to the Wall Street Journal about health care - as compared to disease care.

Please go to this page at change.gov to vote up the importance of health freedom. Here's how to help the future government understand the need for health freedom:
  1. Click on the Vote Up button
  2. Sign in (or make a new account, if you don't have one already)
  3. Search for "health freedom"
  4. Click on the title "Health Freedom IS Our First Freedom"
  5. Click on the Vote Up button
Perhaps they could have made it easier to access the first-time voting, but I'm glad it IS a topic that can be voted upon. I recommend reading the comments there, too.

Here's to your health!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Keep us posted on how it is working for you. Although I wish it was covered by our medical plans.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.